NintendoAge Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join
Login

Posts 1 - 14 of 14  

Forum » Collector's Corner » Different Mountain Bike Rally versions?

Different Mountain Bike Rally versions?

An exercise bike version and a normal version?

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 04:46:27 PM 
Informationator (14)

(Information Ator)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Tennessee
Wikipedia references release dates for Nov 1994 for the "normal version" and 1995 for the "exercise bike version".  Does anyone know if there are two different versions of Mountain Bike Rally (Not counting MBR/SR combo cart) or if they were perhaps just referencing Cannondale Cup?

Thanks,
Info

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 04:51:29 PM 
Karkilan (64)

(Benjamin Gorham)
< Meka Chicken >
New Brunswick
I thought MBR/SR was the "exercise bike version". I don't have anything to back this up other than the fact that every lifcycle I've seen with a game in it was MBR/SR.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 05:45:20 PM 
Informationator (14)

(Information Ator)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Tennessee
I don't think so...  I think the MBR/SR carts were all found in a warehouse or something.  Maybe my history's off, but I could've sworn that MBR was the "normal" game for the exercise bikes.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 06:15:45 PM 
koolaidman (2)
(P.J. ------)
< Meka Chicken >
Washington
Originally posted by: Informationator

I don't think so...  I think the MBR/SR carts were all found in a warehouse or something.  Maybe my history's off, but I could've sworn that MBR was the "normal" game for the exercise bikes.

I can't find the thread, but a few months ago a member here bought two of the bikes from an old gym and both had MBR/SR inside.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 06:19:51 PM 
Duke.Togo (114)

(Christopher Cantrell)
< Kraid Killer >
Indiana
Originally posted by: Koolaidstory

I can't find the thread, but a few months ago a member here bought two of the bikes from an old gym and both had MBR/SR inside.
It's Crabmaster2000 that picked them up.

-------------------------

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 07:38:59 PM 
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
DreamStar (17)

(Bryan Sensei)
< King Solomon >
United States
I think one version is much rarer than the other.That's about all I know about this subject!
Do unto other's as you have them do unto you: Matthew 7:12

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 07:49:01 PM 

invalidpeer (0)
(invalid peer)
< Tourian Tourist >
Texas
I'm pretty sure they're referencing Cannondale Cup. If you go to the reference page on GameFAQs, it specifically mentions CC as Nov 94 and MBR as 95. I had this problem when I was building my complete SNES list a year ago, and that's how I've interpreted the situation.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 - 01:02:18 AM 
Crabmaster2000 (59)

(K P)
< Lolo Lord >
British Columbia
If you're interested in the Exertainment Bikes keep your eyes open for the next Ezine. I wrote an article with everything I could find out about them. It focuses much more on the Hardware than the software though.
Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/2000C...

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:

http://rfgenerationcollectorcast....
677/677 Licensed NES Games
94/94 TG16 Games

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 - 09:20:11 AM 
Informationator (14)

(Information Ator)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Tennessee
Thanks Crabmaster2000 I have an MBR cart and a base unit now lol. I'm sure the base unit is useless without the proper cables and bike... I doubt I'll ever get a bike for it, but if it was a deal, maybe.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 - 01:15:10 PM 
Karkilan (64)

(Benjamin Gorham)
< Meka Chicken >
New Brunswick
sigh...all this talk of MBR/SR....someday I'll find one...

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 - 02:41:26 PM 
Shane (146)

(Excellence of Execution)
< King Solomon >
United States
We have an article in the upcoming E-zine which goes into this subject

** Haha crap I just saw your post Crabmaster

Edited: 01/23/2013 at 02:42 PM by Shane

Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 11:54:34 PM 
theirontoupee (53)

(I Need Exertainment )
< Bowser >
Wisconsin

Wikipedia references release dates for Nov 1994 for the "normal version" and 1995 for the "exercise bike version".  Does anyone know if there are two different versions of Mountain Bike Rally (Not counting MBR/SR combo cart) or if they were perhaps just referencing Cannondale Cup?

Thanks,
Info
Yes. It seems that Radical Entertainment made the actual bike riding game and American Softworks published the Cannondale Cup version for the standard console. Then, LifeFitness and Nintendo got cozy so Radical changed some things around for the Exertainment Mountain Bike Rally Release, which originally was supposed to be called Mountain Bike Warrior. MBR/SR was also released shortly after for the gym model of the Lifecycle 9XS, but if memory serves me right, it has a different start-up process. (I may look into this later) **Fun Fact!!!**  I found out if you you load up the Cannondale Cup cart and get to the grey game load/start screen, turn off the system and then stick in an MBR cart, the system will boot right back up to the same load/start screen instead of going through all the publisher stuff at the beginning like it should even if you load a completely different game in between the two biking games. I would assume because the SNES thinks it's the same game, because it basically is, and it had fond memories of recently loading it up, it wanted to save you time... I haven't attempted to hook up Cannondale Cup to the exercise bike yet, because hooking up that mess is a pain in the patooty.

WTB Thread (Always looking for Exertainment related items)

FO/FT Thread - Xbox, PS1, Gamecube, and more!

NintendoAge Official Exertainment Thread!!!

Monday, February 02, 2015 - 09:43:27 AM 
Informationator (14)

(Information Ator)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Tennessee
Thanks for your post

Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 12:04:33 AM 
theirontoupee (53)

(I Need Exertainment )
< Bowser >
Wisconsin

Thanks for your post
No problem! I know I was a little late to the party, but the Exertainment party never stops for me so whatevs...lol

WTB Thread (Always looking for Exertainment related items)

FO/FT Thread - Xbox, PS1, Gamecube, and more!

NintendoAge Official Exertainment Thread!!!

©2019 Bucket Head Media, LLC.. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy | Terms of Use