NintendoAge Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join
Login

Posts 1 - 25 of 41  

Forum » NA Auctions » 0-to-X LE Auction!!!

LOCKED TOPIC

0-to-X LE Auction!!!

Four (4) Copies Up for Auction! One bid only, Make it Count!

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 10:48:32 PM 
SoleGooseProductions (120)

(Beau )
< Kraid Killer >
Indiana

Please read the full description below! Each member is only allowed ONE bid!

If you have questions, please ask them before bidding. There is likely still time.

“Peoples' bids who did not have a NintendoAge account prior to today will be automatically disqualified. This is to prevent anyone from creating a second account if they get outbid. Sorry for any inconvenience!” ~KHan Games

Sole Goose Productions is happy to present our second release 0-to-X! It is a sliding puzzle game where you mash numbers into each other to create the next number in the series. Based on a hit game of last year, it will drain hours of your time as you strive to go from 0 to X, and beyond. It was initially programmed by nemesys (NA user: user), and it is a blast to play. I then added some of my own features, such as flash-saved high scores and a larger title screen, and Memblers added in his excellent musical stylings. KHan Games was nice enough to do the flash routine, and I'm impressed with his work as always. In case you might have missed it, more information about the game can be found here: 

Up for auction are four copies of the very limited LE release of the game. There are only thirty two copies of the LE edition total (including two protos), and there will not be any more. Of the remaining 28, one will be sold at public auction. This sale will begin at some point during the course of the present auction. The rest of the twenty seven copies will be given to those who helped out with the game in one way or another, or have been privately sold to those who bid on our first release, Swords and Runes. I decided to show my gratitude for their bids by giving them first chance at a pre-determined number of copies; some took the offer, others did not, and that's that. That was a one time occurrence, and bidding on the present copies will not garner you first dibs at the next release. If any of those who did take the pre-sale option want to bid in the current auction, by all means feel free to do so (you still have to pay for the other copy of course).

The LE release includes the following:

-Numbered copy of the game (number displayed on the title screen)
-LE exclusive label, depicting one of the eleven "tiles" in the game (which will match the box)
-Painted wooden book box depicting one of the eleven tiles, with cloth inlay, individually numbered on the inside of the upper lid
-Translucent black shell and Memblers' GTROM board
-Back panel featuring the title screen art
-A gold, cassette soundtrack of Memblers' awesome music, over twenty minutes long
-A cassette box with j-card
-Manual (identical to the NA edition)
-3x the secret physical rewards (must be earned, money can’t buy everything, see below)

Since there are eleven regular tiles in the game, boxes were made for each. For those counting, that means that there are three of each tile, except for one, of which there are only two of that particular one. Since this total includes the protos, let it be noted that only one "0" box is an official run box (the other two show obvious signs of learning on my part, and deserve the title of prototype). If you bid, you are bidding on one, and only one, of the copies up for offer. High bidder gets their choice of one of the four options in the auction: 0, 1, 6, or X. You must be the top bidder to guarantee your choice. The boxes will also be individually numbered on the inside of the upper lid once we know the winners, and the following numbers are available: 19, 25, 26, and 29. I know, lots of numbers flying around here, so feel free to ask any questions if you have them.

Memblers has been gracious enough to let me go through his back catalog looking for songs for the game, and there are a good number of tracks that I found. He has won awards and contests for his music, and you'll quickly see why. Much of it has DCPM effects, and it is all the better for it. It has been stuck in my head for months as I've tested the changes I've made to the game . Only the LE will come with a gold cassette, and there is the small possibility that it will be the only edition to include the soundtrack period, since I had forgotten what a pain it is to make tapes! If the NA edition includes it, it will be a different color, and it might also feature different sticker and J-card art.

As has been done in the past, the auction will run for an undisclosed, but set amount of time. The end date and time are in the possession of a mod, and will not be extended, though I reserve the right to end the auction at any time, for any reason. I do not plan on doing so, however. Each user is eligible to bid ONCE, and only once. As Mr. Kevin Hanley once put it:

“So as you can see, you need to place a bid that you think is high enough to win. And you can't wait until the last second to see what everyone else has bid, because I could end the auction at any moment before you even place a bid.”

For those unfamiliar with this format, if you are curious about how past auctions like this have panned out, check out these links:

Study Hallhttp://vintage.nintendoage.com/fo...
Larryhttp://vintage.nintendoage.com/au...
EThttp://vintage.nintendoage.com/fo...
Swords and Runeshttp://vintage.nintendoage.com/fo...

Bid wisely, as you only get one shot and you never know when it’ll end!

No editing of bids. Bids will be re-instated, or reported to the HoS, whichever is more reasonable.

After the completion of the auction, winners have one week in which to pay (via PayPal, unless other arrangements are made), otherwise non-payment will be reported to the HoS. I will then have one week to send out your copy of the game.

As far as shipping goes, I’ll once again borrow from KHan, he is rather eloquent when he wants to be :

The cost of shipping is NOT included in your bid. You must add $20 to your bid when you are sending payment, to pay for shipping. I want this package to arrive to you THE SAME WAY IT LEAVES MY HOUSE. I've put too much time, effort, energy, and money into this to ship this half-assed and it wind up arriving to you damaged. Please understand this. If you live in Canada, please add an additional $10 to your bid on top of the $20 shipping charge. It costs more to ship it to you.

If you live overseas, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. I have no problem shipping to you...” but shipping will be at cost.

Regarding the secret physical rewards mentioned above, each copy is eligible for three of them. What are they? I'm not saying! How do you get them? No secrets this time, I want to see them scores! Show me that you're a master of the game, and I'll send you what you've already paid for, shipping included. My little way of getting folks to actually play the games I release, since that is why we're in this business and all.

Please remember, these are hand (spray)painted boxes, there are some imperfections. At a certain point, continuing to touch them up made them worse, so I opted to leave them as you see them. See pictures below for what I mean. Likewise, labels may peel up. Some have stayed down, others have lifted. For the ones that have lifted, I have tried a new glue, but it is too soon to tell if they will stay down or not.

Special thanks go to: user, Memblers, Khan, mattbep, Arch, NESHomebrew, k3vbot, AaronE, HJH, and more. I have detailed their contributions elsewhere, and owe them a lot for helping in various ways with this project. Seems like I'm missing someone, so please remind me if so!

Happy bidding, and remember: you only get ONE bid, and the end date and time of the auction are UNKNOWN (to all except my wife and a mod). Bids must be above the threshold, by the way. That should go without saying, but we had some tomfoolery last time with that. Thanks!

~SGP

Awesome, full-screen title screen by my brother, HJH.

All games end, but do they end well?

Filler initials and scores from an earlier verion.

The four boxes up for auction.

Carts to match!

The inside of the box.

Top edge of the labels, sorry, no gold flap here...

The game cradle can be hard to see, look close!

Magnet clasps = flush front edges.

Rear hinges.

Mild imperfections.

Spray painting is rarely perfect.

A soundtrack two decades in the making!

Spine and back flap, err, whatever you call it.

Please feel free to ask any and all questions! Goose out.

High Bidders:
1. $260 - krankcolc
2. $230 - PhoenixPhyre
3. $225 - TheHero
4. $224 - doner24

;;;;;; below the threshold

5. $200 - qixmaster (your time is coming sir, kindnesses are not easily forgotten)
6. $125 - IBtiM
7. $100 - Transam500 

And if you feel like making a deal, there's always the easy way out: http://vintage.nintendoage.com/fo...

-------------------------
"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..." ~ Blade Runner

SoleGooseProductions.com

Edited: 05/20/2016 at 11:01 AM by SoleGooseProductions

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 10:59:36 PM 
K3VBOT (278)

(K3V )
< King Solomon >
Indiana
Originally posted by: SoleGooseProductions

Please remember, these are hand (spray)painted boxes, there are some imperfections. At a certain point, continuing to touch them up made them worse, so I opted to leave them as you see them. See pictures below for what I mean. Likewise, labels may peel up. Some have stayed down, others have lifted. For the ones that have lifted, I have tried a new glue, but it is too soon to tell if they will stay down or not.

~SGP

I slaved over those boxes, there are NO imperfections dangit!
Those are characteristics  

And these turned out awesome! You did an amazing job once again

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 11:13:42 PM 
Benihana (152)

(Don't Stop Believin!)
< Master Higgins >
Washington
Oh man....one bid? Hmmm decisions decisions...
My Biggest Fear is...She Sells my Games for the Amount I told her I paid for them.

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 11:25:16 PM 

(Beau )
< Kraid Killer >
Indiana
Originally posted by: Benihana

Oh man....one bid? Hmmm decisions decisions...

The five card stud of LE auctions. You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em.

SoleGooseProductions.com

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 11:28:19 PM 
mattbep (104)

(Former Scramble Champion)
< King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
Man, excellent work once again with the LE package. Doing things not often seen, and doing them well!

The game itself is indeed a blast. I have no idea how many hours I put in, but I'm sure it's staggering. I was lucky to be called a "tester" for this, because I would have played it the same amount anyways.

Best of luck with the auction.

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 11:32:49 PM 
doner24 (282)

(Jesse D)
< Bowser >
Minnesota
Great looking game, actually making me think about picking up the rare (for me) home brew!

WTB: Please help me find the following items
Large NES and SNES box lots

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 11:38:26 PM 
neodolphino (157)

(Justin )
< Lolo Lord >
Pennsylvania
These look fantastic Beau. I'm so happy you finally got around to releasing this damn game!

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 11:50:18 PM 
IBtiM (10)

(Tim Hartman)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Pennsylvania
Tension building. Nice work Beau.
Part of the Retrotainment Games crew. All original NES homebrews Haunted: Halloween '85 and Haunted: Halloween '86 The Curse of Possum Hollow out now!
Check out https://www.facebook.com/Retrotai... for more info or grab the games at http://www.cashinculture.com/.... Stay Rad!

Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 12:09:39 AM 
KHAN Games (88)

(Kevin Hanley)
< Master Higgins >
Florida
You just HAD to quote me. Arg.
Website Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube

Games I've made:

Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 02:08:20 AM 
Transam500 (36)
< Crack Trooper >
Iowa
Are we bidding yet? I'm not afraid to lose, So I'll bid $100 to get it started!

Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 02:10:29 AM 
doner24 (282)

(Jesse D)
< Bowser >
Minnesota
$224

WTB: Please help me find the following items
Large NES and SNES box lots

Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 02:23:08 AM 
qixmaster (126)

(Josh B)
< Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
it looks like it says qix, so i'll drop a 2 hundy bid ($200)
eBay listings here

Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 09:57:30 AM 
IBtiM (10)

(Tim Hartman)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Pennsylvania
$125
Part of the Retrotainment Games crew. All original NES homebrews Haunted: Halloween '85 and Haunted: Halloween '86 The Curse of Possum Hollow out now!
Check out https://www.facebook.com/Retrotai... for more info or grab the games at http://www.cashinculture.com/.... Stay Rad!

Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 11:25:08 AM 

bradfntn80 (0)
(BRAD FONTAINE)
< Tourian Tourist >
California
1.50 yep thats right a buck fifty

Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 11:25:38 AM 
KHAN Games (88)

(Kevin Hanley)
< Master Higgins >
Florida
Originally posted by: bradfntn80

1.50 yep thats right a buck fifty

Why?

Website Facebook Instagram Twitter Youtube

Games I've made:

Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 11:28:24 AM 

(Beau )
< Kraid Killer >
Indiana
Hahahaha, I just added the statement that I forgot, bids must be above the threshold. That should be obvious, and self-explanatory, but there's always one. Thanks though, super kind, and your support of the homebrew community is much appreciated.

SoleGooseProductions.com

Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 06:44:24 PM 
Fleck586 (147)

(Jason Fleck)
< El Ripper >
Missouri
Great looking stuff, as always, Beau!

*twiddles thumbs and waits for right time to bid*
"I'm sorry Bruce.  These boys get that syrup in 'em and they get all antsy in their pantsies."

Friday, May 20, 2016 - 01:00:17 AM 
The Hero (354)

(Issa )
< Ridley Wrangler >
Pennsylvania
fine ill play 225$
http://ezinearticles.com/?Mystic-...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/1789...

https://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/723...

Friday, May 20, 2016 - 01:16:54 AM 
krankcolc (279)

(Arcade Legacy)
< Lolo Lord >
Ohio
$260
WTB list. Less than 1% to a CIB NES collection. http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Friday, May 20, 2016 - 10:50:35 AM 

PhoenixPhyre (42)
< Crack Trooper >
Virginia
$230

Friday, May 20, 2016 - 11:22:07 AM 
thesubcon3 (140)

(Jeffrey Wittenhagen)
< King Solomon >
Maryland
Love what you are doing here Beau! I wonder if Andy is watching this one.... haha

You can check out my gaming podcast VGBS, all of my books and other nonsense at:
www.hagensalley.com

You can get my NES Oddities & the Homebrew Revolution as well as the NES Compendium books at:
oddnes.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders

Games I am looking for...PM me if you got 'em
2D Zelda-Style Games - Crusader of Centy (Genesis), Anything else?
NES Homebrew - Lady Frogger, 8-Bit Xmas 08-09, Bust a Nut LE, Slappin Bitches LE, Blade Buster (with save)

Friday, May 20, 2016 - 01:59:26 PM 
IBtiM (10)

(Tim Hartman)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: thesubcon3

Love what you are doing here Beau! I wonder if Andy is watching this one.... haha

I fell off the leader bored. Thanks again for having us on the Podcast last night. Looking forward to hearing Kyle's audio wizardry.

Saturday, May 21, 2016 - 02:47:06 PM 

(Beau )
< Kraid Killer >
Indiana
Updated!

SoleGooseProductions.com

Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 09:40:47 AM 
The Hero (354)

(Issa )
< Ridley Wrangler >
Pennsylvania
I am amazed that tons of people haven't jumped on to this!
http://ezinearticles.com/?Mystic-...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/1789...

https://www.gamefaqs.com/vita/723...

Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 10:29:21 AM 
Benihana (152)

(Don't Stop Believin!)
< Master Higgins >
Washington
Damn, I knew I shouldn't have spent that money in my paypal...
Already out of my price range with time to spare.
Good luck on the auction! They look great!
My Biggest Fear is...She Sells my Games for the Amount I told her I paid for them.

Posts 1 - 25 of 41  

©2017 Bucket Head Media, LLC.. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy | Terms of Use