NintendoAge Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join
Login

Posts 1 - 15 of 15  

Forum » Finders Keepers » Another Epic score for me! (Picture heav...

Another Epic score for me! (Picture heavy)

Exertainment LC 3500x and MBR/SR

Friday, August 29, 2014 - 08:30:20 PM 
theirontoupee (53)

(I Need Exertainment )
< Bowser >
Wisconsin
So my wife usually wakes up around 5:15am to head to work during the week. When she does she wakes our dogs up, which wake me up, which naturally causes me to sleepily browse the latest ebay listings of rare stuff I'm looking for. I freaked out when I saw this listing and convinced the Mrs. to let me add this to my "tab" with the sole condition that I sell the cartridge to pay everything off. I thought that was fair enough, because I've been looking for the Exertainment 3500x ever since I got my 9XS (which brought me to this lovely community to get more info on it at the time). I was getting really worried because the seller had not marked the bike as shipped/not communicated at all and shipping for only $59.00 seemed low to me as well as the overall price and I've been the victim of too many deals gone bad because of back-dooring once the listing shows up as sold/completed. I was honestly suprised that the MBR/SR was with this bike because I though only Mountain Bike Rally came with it (which ironically after two MBR/SR carts I still don't have it), so I'm unsure how this pairing occurred (I'm waiting to hear back from the seller about that story). Glad to finally have this version of the Exertainment bike to add to my collection!

Anyway, here are the pictures!

It was interesting to learn that this model is actually the LC 3500x instead of the standard LC 3500 which I think can also be hooked up with the same type of peripherals? I believe only the handlebars/head piece is different because there is an extra set of cables that is just loose inside the neck of the bike, which I am assuming is for the electronic handle bar head of the standard LifeCycle 3500. The bases of the 3500 and 3500x appear to be the same from what I've seen.

In action:

The system:

Before comparing the boards of both of my carts I felt a bit like Crabmaster2000 when he had his two! The boards are basically the same aside from minor chip number differences and save battery brands. Maybe one was from an earlier printing or something, but the main rom had the same numbers on it:

The extra MBR/SR cart has now been sold to a member on NA. 
-------------------------
WTB Thread (Always looking for Exertainment related items)

FO/FT Thread - Xbox, PS1, Gamecube, and more!

NintendoAge Official Exertainment Thread!!!

Edited: 08/30/2014 at 08:48 PM by theirontoupee

Friday, August 29, 2014 - 08:32:38 PM 
Stryphos (302)

(Bubble Man)
< King Solomon >
Michigan
wow that's sweet! Is the bike any good?
Haves     |     Wants

Friday, August 29, 2014 - 08:44:46 PM 
Lincoln (138)

(Frank W. Doom)
< Bowser >
California
well god damn.
ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Friday, August 29, 2014 - 08:59:36 PM 
Viper0hr (81)

(Ryan R)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Florida
Pretty cool, you got those carts at TW Flea in Florida right?

Friday, August 29, 2014 - 09:03:49 PM 
theirontoupee (53)

(I Need Exertainment )
< Bowser >
Wisconsin

Originally posted by: Stryphos

wow that's sweet! Is the bike any good?

It's not too bad. It's kind of noisy, but the pedals do stiffen up when your character goes up hill which is a neat feature.

Originally posted by: Viper0hr

Pretty cool, you got those carts at TW Flea in Florida right?

Nope. The first one I got locally through Craigslist from a guy that was selling the 9XS version and the second one as I mentioned came with this bundle I scored off of ebay.

Edited: 08/29/2014 at 09:04 PM by theirontoupee

Friday, August 29, 2014 - 11:55:47 PM 
Foochie776 (238)

(Obi Wan Kenobi)
< Bowser >
Minnesota
Freaking sweet dude!
May the force be with you.

Saturday, August 30, 2014 - 03:17:52 AM 
Jerbilly (62)

(Jeremy )
< Master Higgins >
Michigan
Awesome! Way to go dude.

Saturday, August 30, 2014 - 08:38:31 AM 
jonebone (552)

(Collector Extraordinaire)
< Luigi >
Maryland
Amazing snag man!
WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Saturday, August 30, 2014 - 09:15:55 AM 
NESMASTER14 (26)

(color dreams)
< King Solomon >
Virginia
Nice score!

Saturday, August 30, 2014 - 09:51:11 AM 
DarkTone (2)

(GameCube Boss)
< Bowser >
United Kingdom
Amazing! Well done.
"Vacations are dangerous! They give you too much time to realize you work too hard." - Dain

Feel free to help NA  here

Monday, September 01, 2014 - 09:04:12 AM 

nintendopower_4_ever (75)

(john smith)
< Lolo Lord >
United States
Nice snag!

I saw this come up in my saved searches that morning about an hour before you bought it, but didn't check the searches until the afternoon or I would have 3 copies

I bought my extra loose copy early in the morning like this and it was just sitting there.

Do you have a CIB too?

It looks like you have the award for owning a CIB, but I know a few people with loose carts are mixed in there.

http://nintendoage.com/index.cfm?...

Monday, September 01, 2014 - 11:37:52 AM 
theirontoupee (53)

(I Need Exertainment )
< Bowser >
Wisconsin
Originally posted by: nintendopower_4_ever

Nice snag!

I saw this come up in my saved searches that morning about an hour before you bought it, but didn't check the searches until the afternoon or I would have 3 copies

I bought my extra loose copy early in the morning like this and it was just sitting there.

Do you have a CIB too?

It looks like you have the award for owning a CIB, but I know a few people with loose carts are mixed in there.

http://nintendoage.com/index.cfm?FuseAction=Users.Directory&...
I don't have a CIB version. The awards/announcements thread specified that since this game is so rare that the icon would cover both loose and complete versions. I have posted there about changing the title of the icon to loose/complete as well as getting an icon for having the bikes. Since it sounds like you have two copies, you could contact a Mod and get yourself the icon!

Monday, September 01, 2014 - 11:50:37 AM 

nintendopower_4_ever (75)

(john smith)
< Lolo Lord >
United States
Originally posted by: theirontoupee

Nice snag!

Do you have a CIB too?

I don't have a CIB version. The awards/announcements thread specified that since this game is so rare that the icon would cover both loose and complete versions. I have posted there about changing the title of the icon to loose/complete as well as getting an icon for having the bikes. Since it sounds like you have two copies, you could contact a Mod and get yourself the icon!

Cart only really doesn't seem that rare though. The box and manual are the hard part because all of the loose carts came with bikes and never were a CIB

Monday, September 01, 2014 - 12:02:42 PM 
theirontoupee (53)

(I Need Exertainment )
< Bowser >
Wisconsin

Originally posted by: theirontoupee

Nice snag!

Do you have a CIB too?

Cart only really doesn't seem that rare though. The box and manual are the hard part because all of the loose carts came with bikes and never were a CIB

I guess the argument was that since a recent (small) stockpile of boxed versions were found and discussed in this thread. Either way it seems to be the rarest game that was commercially released.

Monday, September 01, 2014 - 12:45:17 PM 
FireEmblemZack (2)
< El Ripper >
Washington
Amazing...
Avid Fire Emblem and GameCube collector! Plus complete SNES collection in box.

Always looking for Fire Emblem mercadise! Standees, posters, Japanese only games!

Gamecube: 48
SNES: 30 boxed+2 cartridges.

©2019 Bucket Head Media, LLC.. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy | Terms of Use